Sharing enlightening words (GA 2011)
In my 48 plus years in business I have come across and experienced all what there is to experience in this world and in life: good things, bad things, painful, rewarding, happiness, sadness, successes, failures, lost of loved ones, new borns, disasters, recessions, sufferings, travels, new culture, good and bad habits, and many others.
With this, it gives me great pleasure to share some writings / expressions that I came across which helped me in my business and in my personal life and believe that it will help others as well:
- A calm collective mind is the basis of creativity. Creativity is the product of coherence. Love is not an emotion; it is our very existence.
- Why do people find life difficult? The answer is stress.
- Stress is anything that moves us away from perfect health.
- Stress in the mind gets stored as toxins in the body
- Stress can be acute or chronic.
- Stress includes: ill treatment, overwork, lack of sleep, dwelling in the past or future. Pollution (air, sound, drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, food)
- Stress can lead to physical and emotional disease like coronary artery disease
- Depression, anxiety, cancer
Low Energy State, how can we eliminate those?
High Energy State, how can we apply those in our daily life?
- Clear minded
Improvements that we can make with a Fresh Coherent Mind
- Perception improves
- Observation improves
- Expression improves
Think it Over (Where are we going? What do we have to do?)
- Today we have higher buildings and wider highways, but shorter temperaments and narrower points of views.
- We spend more, but enjoy less.
- We have bigger house, but smaller families.
- We have more compromises, but less time.
- We have more knowledge, but less judgment.
- We have more medicines, but less health.
- We have multiplied our possessions, but reduced our values.
- We talk much, we love only a little, and we hate too much.
- We reached the moon and come back, but we find it troublesome to cross our own street and meet our neighbors.
- We have higher income, but fewer morals.
- These are times with more liberty, but less joy.
- With much more food, but less nutrition.
- These are days in which two salaries get home, but divorces increase.
- These are times of fine houses, but more broken homes.
How do We Speak? Can We Improve?
- Those who know the most often say the least.
- Don't talk unless you can improve the silence.
- Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something.
- Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret.
- Do not say a little in many words, but a great deal in a few.
- When two persons always agree, one of them is unnecessary.
The number of days, number of hours that you smiled indicates how successful you are.
- The quality of our life depends on the state of our mind.
Note for the record:
Obviously some (not all) of those enlightening words come from seminars and lectures that I attended over the many years in business, however there is a lot of truth in these and properly applied it will help all of us, in particular it will guide the young people to the right direction to become successful.